Shop for ‘one of a kind’ handmade items
by ItchyFingersLynny on Etsy
From a very early age I have been interested in handicrafts. I can’t actually remember my mum teaching me to knit just that I always could. I do remember making her learn to crochet one summer holiday so she could show me as I was too young to understand the diagrams. Whilst researching my family tree I discovered I come from a family of tailors and embroiderers in
Over the years I have taken every opportunity to learn a new craft including:
- bobbin lace
- corn dollies
- cane weaving
anything I could get my hands on.
Now I have taken the next step and opened an Etsy shop – ItchyFingersLynny
All of my items are individually hand crafted by myself. Many items are crafted from natural materials which carry their own wonderful variations and imperfections.
I love the individuality and uniqueness inherent in handmade items.
Items currently for sale include:
- scarves to brighten up an outfit
- flower brooches as a decoration for scarves or headbands
- scarves to keep out the cold
- pin trays for your keys or jewellery
Traditional Straw work and Corn Dollies
- corn maidens perfect for Thanksgiving and Harvest Festival displays
- corn dollies great as a house warming present
- straw woven hearts for a different Valentine gift
- straw favours as a good luck gift for new-borns
- straw horse shoes as a wedding favour
I would love for you to take the time to browse and let me know what you think!